All products are independently tested to the highest standards and are certified to the high safety requirements and performance characteristics of European Standard 13241-1. You can, therefore, be confident that your purchase of a Birkdale product is a safe investment. Guarantee Birkdale offers the following warranty for garage door and garage door automation products:
1. Summary (subject to the terms and conditions outlined in sections 2-7 below):
- Free One Year Parts and Labour Guarantee
- Thereafter Parts only Guarantee
- All functional parts are guaranteed for a minimum of 1 year. We only ask that these are fitted by our engineers. During the first year, our engineer's time and labour are free. The guarantee does not include items which are consumable such as Batteries, fuses or light bulbs.
- 5 years Safe and reliable operation (for use up to 5 open and closing cycles per day)
- 5 years Integrity of the door panel(s) / curtain
- 5 years Panel corrosion (inside and out)
- 5 years All immoveable frame parts
- 7 years Motor and mechanical parts
- 2 years Operator control unit (5 years if Door Monitor System is used)
- 2 years All mechanical elements of the doors, including rollers and springs (5 years if Door Monitor System is used)
- 2 years All remote control parts (5 years if Door Monitor System is used) (excluding batteries, bulbs and fuses)
- 2 Years All remote control Accessories
- 1 Year warrnaty on all commercial applications unless otherwise agreed (maintenance agreement).
2. Requirements: The warranty only covers damage to the purchased garage door or garage door operator. The fully completed warranty card/service record (to be updated annually), together with receipt of purchase, correspondingly substantiates your right to claim under warranty. Warranty claims are only accepted in the country where the garage door/operator was purchased. The product must have been purchased through our authorised distribution channels. If installed by a dealer/contractor not of Birkdale direct employment then consequential costs for installation and de-installation, inspection of parts, transport and postage costs will not be accepted by Birkdale. Replacement parts are chargeable and credited on return of proven faulty goods.
3. Performance: During the warranty period we undertake to rectify any and all defects to the Birkdale product which can be proved to be attributed to a material or manufacturing fault. We promise, at our discretion, to either exchange the defective merchandise, repair or allow a reduction in price. Replacement parts remain our property.
4. This warranty does not cover damage caused by:
- Improper installation and negligent care and maintenance, however if Birkdale carry out any installation work Birkdale offer a 3 months warranty on installation workmanship. Birkdale do not warranty installations carried out by other parties.
- Improper initial and subsequent operation
- Negligent or wanton destruction
- External influences, such as: fire, water, salts, alkaline solutions, acids and any abnormal environmental influences
- Mechanical damage, through improper transport and fitting, or through falling or hitting objects
- Improper use of surface protection treatments
- Repair by non-qualified persons
- Using non-Birkdale parts without the written approval of the manufacturer
- Removal of the product number, or making it unidentifiable
- Application of additional, non approved weights or infills
- Failure to remove the protective film or packaging provided with the product, where applicable This warranty applies to all goods sold on or after 1 May 2016, until further notice
The finish of white powder coated doors is guaranteed for a period of 5 years. In the case of textured woodgrain finished doors, the exterior finish is guaranteed to provide an effective weatherproof membrane which will resist perforation of the Birkdale door from the weather-side due to corrosion for 15 years. Furthermore, colour change or fade to the exterior surface will be limited and uniform for the full 15 year period.
5. Sea Salt Corrosion: Doors fitted within coastal area's can be susceptible to corrosion from the salt air. Salt air deposits will settle on the door and can eventually cause corrosion to the aluminium. Cleaning the door regularly with warm soapy water once a month will slow this process down and prolong the life of the the aluminium significantly. Doors fitted within 5 miles of the sea are NOT covered by the standard Birkdale warranties. The warranty for aluminium against corrosion in coastal area's is 18 months. This applies to powder-coated aluminium and steel sections, if laminated finish then standard warranty applies.
5.1 Sectional Garage Door and shutter Automation: Birkdale electric motors are guaranteed against any form of manufacturing defect for a period of 5 years for mechanical elements, motors and transformers. The motor control unit is guaranteed for 2 years. Remote control accessories and parts are guaranteed for a period of 2 years. No warranty claims will be accepted for wear and tear parts and consumable parts (e.g. light bulbs and batteries
6. BIRKDALE MANUFACTURER’S GUARANTEE Registration:
6.1 Your purchase of a Product has the benefit of a manufacturer’s guarantee (“Guarantee”), which covers your product for 12 months from date of purchase Provided you register the product online or using the postcard given to you on delivery. Please refer to the certificate of Guarantee contained within the box of your purchase for more information. Our Guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
7. SPARE PARTS MANUFACTURE GUARANTEE
7.1 Your Spare Part has the benefit of our manufacturer’s guarantee (“Guarantee”), which covers your Spare Part if, within twelve months from purchase your Spare Part is proven to be faulty or damaged because of either workmanship or material. Our Guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
7.2 If you received a faulty or damaged Spare Part(s) within twelve months from the date of purchase you may elect to make a claim pursuant to this Guarantee by contacting our Spare Parts Department on 01724282171. We will attend site and replace or repair where necessary at our cost after the twelve months parts and labour warranty expires we will either for an annual fixed cost of £97 if the product is registered or £150 if not done within 28 days of delivery date, extend the labour warranty up to a maximum of 5 years . Alternatively we will arrange a returns authorisation and either a replacement part or full refund including the cost of sending the item to you once the Spare Part(s) has been received and inspected. We will not send any parts out without applying for a returns authorisation.
7.3 Please note it takes 2 to 5 business days to process returns once they arrive at our warehouse.
7.4 A full refund will be issued in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase within 3 to 5 business days of us receiving your return. Please allow up to 28 days for funds to appear in your bank account.
7.5 Our Guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
a) Documentary proof of original purchase date is provided.
b) Cosmetic damage must be reported within 14 days from the date of purchase.
c) The Spare Part has been fitted by a suitable qualified or competent person in accordance with our operating and maintenance instructions.
d) The Spare Part is used in the country of purchase.
7.6 Our Guarantee does not cover:
a) Damage resulting from transportation, improper use, neglect or interference or as a result of improper installation.
b) Accidental damage, this includes but is not limited to, damage which occurs as a result of an external action.
7.7 We manufacture Spare Parts for domestic use only. We understand that in some cases our Spare Parts are used in commercial and/or non domestic situations. We still provide a full 12 months Guarantee subject to the above conditions and that the Spare Part has not been subject to overuse, which is to be determined by us taking into account actual usage versus usage that is expected of a domestically situated appliance.
7.8 Colourfast terms for laminate finish:
The assessment of any colour change is made according to ISO 105-A02 (grey scale) [Fourth Edition 1993-09-01]. Weather fastness, with respect to colour change, is deemed to exist according to RENOLIT Technical Terms and Conditions of Delivery TL-RENOLIT EXOFOL MX, TL-RENOLIT EXOFOL PX & TL-RENOLIT EXOFOL FX if no grade below grade 3 of the grey scale is attained according to the above mentioned Technical Terms and Conditions of Delivery under test conditions. Due to the variety of climatic conditions and environmental influences in the course of natural weathering and to ensure reproducible results, resistance to weather fastness is assessed according to EN 513 by a Xeno test according to ISO 4892-2. A defect is deemed to exist if, within the Warranty periods specified in the Annex, colour changes occur due to natural weathering which exceed grade 3 of the grey scale of ISO 105-A02. Weather fastness (according to the Technical Terms and Conditions of Delivery) is considered to exist with a view to other (non-colour-related) substantial impairments of the visual appearance when the human eye cannot detect delamination, stains, blisters, streaks, cracks or other impairments in a microscopic evaluation at 20 x magnification.Weather fastness Colour change ≤ grayscale 3 (ISO 105-A02) after samples have received (EN 513, process 1) 20 GJ/m2 of radiant energy according to the requirements of RAL-GZ 716.