Who We Are
Birkdale Manufacturing Group Limited is a very well established, UK-based manufacturer. Originally specialising in garage doors and roller shutters, we are now proud to supply garage doors, composite doors, awnings, pergolas, patio enclosures, window blinds and more.
Continually adjusting to improve. Our quality of product has ensured that we remain leaders in our field. All our products are tested by TÜV and Exova to compliantly adhere to necessary European safety regulations.
Based in Scunthorpe, our factory facilities include a state of the art in-house laminating machine providing a tailor-made finish, chosen from 120 available colours.
Within our premises we have a show room area, thus enabling our products to be displayed accordingly.
At Birkdale we are manufacturing some of the top products in Europe due to the exceptional quality of materials used in alliance with innovative design. We believe that great customer service is paramount. Everyone at Birkdale is product knowledge trained and focused on achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
Our national network of approved installers will happily carry out FREE onsite surveys, followed by professional installation, if required anywhere in the United Kingdom.
Simon Sturman formed Birkdale Doors in 1992 after being made redundant by a garage door company who had recently sold out to a national manufacturer. From A man in a cheap van paid for with his last wage packet, the company has grown from strength to strength while maintaining the core value that we began with on day one, customer satisfaction! Offering high quality products at fair prices and being honest, friendly and polite while doing so.
We have meandered our way through establishing ourselves, learning from mistakes and working very hard to improve and expand.
From humble beginnings of simply buying and selling other suppliers products locally to manufacturing our own products and selling through our nationwide network of installers and surveyors, our success is only because of customer satisfaction. Without it, we wouldn’t be here and we proudly say thank you to customers both past and present and promise you that from the moment you see our Birkdale representative, Birkdale product and Birkdale installer with our Birkdale ethics you will ALWAYS be our priority.
- 2018 – Purpose built factory under construction
- 2018 – Full compliance FCA approval to offer finance on our products
- 2017 – Training facility to ensure national network of sales and installation teams are trained accordingly to maintain our high levels of customer satisfaction
- 2017 – £1m invested in new machinery to increase capacity and unique range of products and finishes
- 2015 – Additional Factory to cope with extra capacity
- 2013 – Move to new larger factory under one roof
- 2012 – All staff complete NVQ training focusing on customer care and working safely
- 2011 – Increase sales staff to offer retail sales nationally while maintaining personal family friendly service
- 2010 – A name change to Birkdale manufacturing group ltd to coincide with increased product range
- 2009 – Launch fully automated ordering system improving efficiency of processing orders
- 2008 – Additional Factory to cope with extra capacity
- 2007 – Start selling nationally to trade customers
- 2006 – Buy our first coating plant to offer superior finishes from stock
- 2004 – ISO 9001, ISO 14001 compliant
- 2001 – Move to larger premises and begin manufacturing our own products
- 1996 – Our second depot with showroom
- 1993 – Our first premises with showroom
- 1992 – Birkdale Doors starts trading, just a man in a van selling and installing locally